Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Personal Review of Samsung Vibrant T959 And Specifications

Samsung Vibrant is an Android based Smart Phone from Samsung, it is a Galaxy S series phone. Samsung Vibrant was bought up as an iPhone competition in 2010, although iPhone 4 is clearly a winner over Samsung Vibrant.
Note: T-Mobile is now offering Samsung Galaxy S 4G, an upgraded version of Samsung Galaxy S
samsung-vibrant-galaxys-android-smart.jpg

Last month my cousin came back home for a vacation, he bought me a Samsung Vibrant also known as Samsung T 959. Before proceeding with the writing, I want you to know that I am so in love with this Android based smart phone. Samsung Vibrant is also known as Samsung Galaxy S, which is also written on the back flip of the set. Inside the package you'll get two back colors, my cousin got one black and one burgundy right now I have burgundy on.

Buy Samsung Vibrant Unlocked!!!

Samsung Vibrant is without a doubt comparable to Apple iPhone 4, although Apple iPhone4 wins the competition.
A Galaxy S Phone running on Android 2.2(what? you thought bio-gas?)
When it first came in my hand, it ran Android 2.1 but later on Samsung issued update to Android 2.2 Froyo which I installed. Android Froyo has got a few UI improvements, but the biggest change I noticed is battery. Previously my precious Galaxy Smartphone hardly survived 4 hours of active usage after a full recharge, but after installing Android Froyo it's battery life is more than doubled. The Android app store is definitely strong rival to Apple's much established iTues based App Store which sells mobile applications to iPhone and iPad users.
samsung-vibrant-galaxys-android

The Android 2.2 OS on my Samsung Vibrant runs very smoothly, the performance is not quirky the way it was with BlackBerry storm in early days.
Email and Calendar

Powered by the latest Android platform, this Samsung Vibrant is a smart phone fully integrated with Google Mobile Services. You're now at one with your Gmail account, Google Maps, YouTube videos and more. Emails are a breeze You create an event in your calendar, and as soon as the Vibrant gets connected to Wifi/3G data network it will save everything online, so that where ever you have Google stuff configured, you can access all your calendar.
Samsung Vibrant was released by TMobile on its networks in August 2010, and after almost 9 months it still is a highly regarded phone in the market.
Look and feel, touch, Display, Camera:
HTC-HD7-WindowsPhone7-Display
Samsung Vibrant has got a very slim design, and its a pure pleasure in your hands. Also the good thing is its capacitive touch, which gives it a clear edge over Nokia phones with resistive touch.
More over, the display is awesome and crisp. Although its not as good as compared Windows Pone 7 based HTC HD 7 which I recently got my hands on. HD 7 has an awesome high resolution display(4.3"), it's got a camera as well but the picture quality is no where closer to Samsung Vibrant. I think if samsung had put a flash Samsung Vibrant this Galaxy S phone would have been too awesome. Adding a front facing camera would definitely double the delight.
Samsung Galaxy S2:
Yes you read it right, there's a new version almost done and it will hit the markets within months of this publication. Samsung has already previewed the thing on many forums. It's gonna be a dual core beast, along with some new Samsung software called Samsung Hubs which is a trick on Korean Samsung's behalf to leave Taiwanese HTC behind. My experience with Samsung Vibrant has been very good, another friend of mine bought an HTC Desire phone but something went wrong with the gadget's hardware. End of the day my friend sold only the display in 15000 rupees which is roughly $190.
samsung-vibrant-galaxys-android-side

Next question will be Samsung Vibrant price in Pakistan and India?
Well, I took my Samsung Vibrant for sale last week to Hafeez Center, and I got an offer of 25000 rupees. A few people were selling new Samsung Vibrant on hafeezcenter.pk for price around 44000 rupees. My cousin bought new Samsung Vibrant for a price of $499 from TMobile last year, shortly after the release.
And I just checked out T-Mobile is still selling Samsung Vibrant T959 for $499. Amazing, truly amazing stuff this gadget has survived so many months on ever rapid mobile electronics means it has got the guts.
We still have a lot of ordinary mobile phones(Nokia 1210) around in Pakistan, I think that will not change any soon because people don't know how to make the most of these beasts therefore they keep comparing state of the art machines like Samsung Vibrant with cheap Chinese replicas.

Specifications
Specs of the Samsung Galaxy S include the following:
  • Android 2.2 (Froyo)
  • Cortex A8 Hummingbird, 1GHz processor
  • Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G (1700/2100 MHz) with HSPA+ 21Mbps support
  • 4 inch WVGA (480×800) capacitive Super AMOLED touch display
  • Integrated 185MB of memory and microSD card (16GB included)
  • 5 megapixel camera without flash
  • Front facing 1.3 megapixel camera
  • Dedicated, touch-sensitive Home, Menu, Back and Search areas
  • Proximity sensor, light sensor and digital compass
  • Integrated GPS receiver
  • Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n)
  • Bluetooth 3.0
  • 1650 mAh battery
  • 3.5 mm headset jack
  • Dimensions: 4.82 x 2.54 x 0.39 inches and 4.16 ounces

1 comment:

1. Thank you for sharing such relevant topic with us. I really love all the great stuff you provide. Thanks again and keep it coming.

ReplyDelete